Friday, May 5, 2017

Meet our 2017 president

Brian Norris as he received his award for participating in a speech competition

Brian Norris

My name is Brian Norris, and I have been married to my best friend, Donna Norris, for over 33 years. I am a dad to four wonderful daughters, a grandfather of five, and am the Co-Owner and Manager of Bateman Funeral Home.
I attended a few meetings several years ago in Mexico with a friend when I was a manager at UPS. I wanted to work on my public speaking and I remembered the positive experiences I had in Mexico so I decided to check into Toastmasters in Newport.  I found out that Lee Ritzman was a member and he invited me to visit. I enjoyed the meeting so I joined. Since I have been a member of Yaquina Toastmaster, I have received wonderful advice and coaching from the club. Everyone in the club wants you to be successful, which is very encouraging.  All of the club members are willing to help; it's my favorite thing about the club is how wonderful they are.
This next year, I will continue to grow the club with more members and work on mentoring those members so we can participate in a fun, positive, safe place to practice public speaking. 
If you are debating on coming to our meetings, I know it can be a little scary to go somewhere new and “try to fit in”. I promise you that if you give us a try, you will be happy you did. We meet at Pig 'N Pancake in Newport, Oregon at 7 am on Tuesdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment