Friday, March 30, 2018

Seven??? by Brinn Hemmingson


Michelle said, “I started my Toastmasters journey in an unusual way. In 1996, I owed a major debt of
gratitude to a friend who helped me in my hour of need. When I asked her how I could repay her, she said “Attend a Toastmasters meeting.” I did, and I fell in love with Toastmasters.” Currently, Michelle belongs to seven clubs:
Undistricted 100% Online Clubs
• Witty Storytellers Online, #05618837 - District U, Area 01
• Global Trainers Online, #06650465 - District U, Area 01
• Competitive Communicators, #06621765 - District U, Area 01
Onsite with online attendance
• Transtoasters Toastmasters, #003548 - District 7, Area 41
• Making Better Consultants (MBC) Speak EZ, #03287370 - District 27, Area 14
• Emperor Mandarin Toastmasters Club, #0707197 - District 75, Area 3
• Yaquina Toastmasters, #003880 District 7, Area 33
Michelle has held all club officer roles, and served as Area Governor in District 75 and District 7, and Lt. Governor Marketing (LGM), Lt. Governor Education and Training (LGET), and District Director.
Michelle said, “I’ve participated in contests in three districts (D7, D75, and Founders District). I’ve placed 2nd at District 75 Table Topics and Evaluation Contests, and 2nd at Founders District Table Topics Contest.” “Through Toastmasters, I’ve made friends all over the world. Toastmasters has also impacted my life in a way that very few people know because I’ve kept it secret until now. Twelve years ago while visiting the East Coast, I experienced a devastating personal betrayal. I came precariously close to literally ending it all and jumping off the 3rd floor of the New York City Hall. The thought that I was coordinating a new Toastmasters Club Open House/Demo Meeting in Irvine (California) in a week, and that none of my club mates knew I was on the East Coast, made me pause. If I didn’t show up at the Toastmasters event they’d think I was a flake! That few seconds pause was all I needed to realize that I shouldn’t give up on living. So I can say that Toastmasters literally saved my life!” Michelle has discovered the joys and benefits of online attendance. “Since last year, I’ve been helping clubs to add an online attendance option. I would be honored to help any D7 member who would like to explore online attendance for their club(s).”
Contact her at https://www.facebook.com/Celeste.Michelle.Alba.Lim or michelle@wlfcentre.com

As Seen On Voices!

No comments:

Post a Comment