Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Meet the Vice President of Education

My name is Dave Coffman, and for Newport Yaquina Toastmasters, I am the Vice President of Education. During my time as a Toastmaster, I have competed in in speech contests, and finished many of the advanced manuals. I've found Toastmasters to be rewarding in so many ways, it's hard to decide the number one thing I've gotten out of Toastmasters. If I have to choose one thing, I suppose it's the self confidence I've achieved in my ability to speak in public. 
When I first joined Toastmasters I was a Youth Minister at my church which involved frequent speaking in front of many diverse groups of people. This is why I decided to join Toastmasters in the first place.
My advice to anyone considering joining Toastmasters is that there is no better place to develop public speaking skills in a supportive environment full of people whose one commonality is that they all want to help one another improve their speaking skills.Yaquina Toastmasters tends to be a little less formal than many other clubs and our meetings, at least to me, are a little more fun because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment