Monday, June 18, 2018

Meet Kristina Book, a Colorado native

Kristina Book, a Colorado native

I spend most of my work facilitating, training, and consulting in the adventure education and challenge course programming field. While proficient at presenting focused programming and facilitation sessions, I have always been aware my keynote type speaking skills and nerves needed improving. My dad, a project manager in Colorado, mentioned Toastmasters when we were discussing professional development, community connection, and gaining confidence in getting buy-in to increase consulting clients. After conversations, I decided to give it a try and attend a few meetings as a guest to see if it would be a good fit. The members at Yaquina Toastmaster are awesome, and I couldn’t wait to come back to another meeting after the first and finally became a member as I couldn’t wait to get on the list of speakers. Since joining Toastmasters, I have gained awareness of word choice, nerves, and prepping and through practice have seen improvement in my speaking abilities. I am stepping into the role of V.P. of Public Relations for the Yaquina Toastmasters Club. I am is excited about this position and anticipates expanding Toastmasters’ outreach within the Newport community to show the benefits of speaking development and professional comradery. I plan on continuing the marketing plan of my predecessor, and hopes to target special interest groups such as the local hospitals and other service-oriented businesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment